On top of a lot of other un-named crap going on, my body is giving out on me and it's amazing what a mental defeat that is. I feel SO much empathy for anyone with physical ailment... I am shocked at what an energy-eater and spirit-crusher it is.
Don't read on if you're not up for hearing me complain.
1) My SI joint is acting up big time. This first happened when I was about 10 weeks pregnant, and has flared up off and on ever since. SO LAME! Stretching and good posture and taking it easy haven't helped. I spent three hours at the physical therapist today and he offered some advice and exercises but no quick fixes. And I hurt worse after he manipulated my bones around.
2) This week I hit my knee on a big metal door while running somewhere. (Sounds sort of like the freak hit-my-eye-on-a-door incident from my freshman year of high school huh!) I have never had a knee injury but it sucks BIG time! I can't bend down, it hurts to put weight on it, and even sitting still it throbs.
3) I have a knot on my right shoulder muscle so intense that it goes numb and tingly as it squeezes out nerves. Sofar any amount of stretching and massage hasn't helped. I've always carried tension there...
On a positive note I've been organizing my Itunes today and I really continue to be in love with music. What a magnificent catharsis and panacea all at the same time.
Songs I REALLY love that I'd temporarily forgotten about:
I'm Movin On by Rascal Flatts
Anna Begins by Counting Crows
Even God Must Get the Blues by Jodee Messina
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



8 comments:
If you're this bad a 26, imagine what it will be like at 40! I'm just playing. I love you and hope you feel better.
You really do so take health for granted, don't you? My admiration has grown 10 fold for those I know who suffer constantly without relief and say little.
Try to slow down and don't get caught up in the thick of thin things...Adrie will love you just the same!
Bummer! I'm so sorry! I'll be hoping that your aches and pains start going away. Take it easy.
You should go get a massage or something. I'm sorry.
I love music!
I like all three song choices you posted. They're goodies.
Strangely enough, I think about your eye and the door bruise WAY more often than I should. I'm kind of sad we didn't get any photos of that beast.
Like I keep telling Mom... RELAX. Sit down and DONT DO ANYTHING.
I hope you are feeling better soon. It is the worst when things pile up on you and you have to deal with more than one injury at a time.
Pain sucks. I'm so sorry! I have that same exact shoulder pain. Sometimes, by the time I finally get dinner on the table, my knot is just throbbing, I start pulling at it, and Talia jumps up and gives me a little massage. Isn't she sweet?
I want music for Christmas. :) You always have such good taste. Sally made me a couple of good mixes, and I'm LOVING it!
Post a Comment