- She says "Nya, nya, nya" (no, no, no) to EVERYTHING! She usually shakes her head back and forth vigorously in accompaniment. "Do you want a bite?" "Nya" "Do you want a drink?" "Nya". "Are you ready to go?" "Nya."

- She is testing me already. She'll purposely hover over something she knows she's not supposed to, and watch me to see what I'll do. For example, last night she walked right up to the space heater and put her hands two inches above it, imitating me saying "No" and shaking her head. She sat there about to touch it through a round of "Adrie, don't" and "Adrie, uh-uh" until finally I physically moved to stop her, while she ran away laughing.
- When there's something she wants, it takes monumental effort to distract her. She will lean her whole body out of my arms toward the object she wants - and she's heavy! She is also very vocal about what she wants (Eh! Eh-eh-eh!). I repeatedly say "Please" and tell her the name of what she wants... oh I'm so sick of the "Eh!" whining
On the other hand, the cuteness is growing exponentially and making all of the annoyances worth it. Some examples:
- Right after getting in trouble she'll come up to me with the hugest grin and happily say/shout "Hi!", Like she's trying to get herself out of trouble. (It works).
- Anytime I sit down on the floor she ends up in my lap. Sometimes with a book, sometimes with her baby, but always backs her booty up until she plops in my lap. She usually won't stay very long, but she always comes back.
- If I lay on the floor she'll come sit on my upper torso or neck or head. It's hilarious.
- She LOVES to be chased. All I have to say is "I'm coming to get you!" or get down on all fours and she's off and wigging in excitement. Squealing, too.
- Her dancing gets bigger and better. Add in head tilting this month - especially in her car seat she rocks out by tilting her head from one side to the other in time to a beat. She really laughs when I mimic her.
- She laughs a LOT. Easily. When I copy her dancing, when I copy her movements in the high chair (she'll lean waaaayy to one side, then the other), when I say "Ouch" in a high pitch as she makes a loud noise, and on and on. Her laugh is magical.

- She loves to look at other kids. She points out every baby we see and is fascinated by all children under the age of 6.
- She's started playing pretend - she'll feed her baby bites of whatever she's eating, she'll pour pretend from one cup to another, etc.
- She understands SO much of what I say. "Can you put that back?" and she will! "Bring me your jammies" and she does! It's amazing. She doesn't talk a whole lot but she really understands most of what I say to her.
- She blows kisses but has forgotten that you're supposed to blow them, not just kiss your hand. To the right is a picture of her 'blowing a kiss' - except her hand never leaves her mouth ;)
- She likes tv now - she absolutely wriggles in excitement over Baby McDonald (Baby Einstein video), Super Why, and a few other PBS cartoons that are on while I get ready in the mornings. Luckily they can keep her busy for 10-15 minutes while I hurry to get ready for the day.
- She has just started inventing games. Last night she hid behind the ottoman and kept popping up to "scare" us, then she'd disappear again, looking at us from under the ottoman... it's hard to describe (and come on, they were rules she was making up as she went along!) but it was amazing to see her imagination and creativity! -->



4 comments:
You capture her personality so well! She will love to read these when she's older. (Even Talia's age, really)
What a cutie! Isn't it just so much fun to see her grow and learn new things? I love it with Hayden... and I LOVE nursery.
How do you think she'll do in nursery, anyway?
Your little girl is So cute!
(by the way I am friend of Raquel Allen's)
:)
Post a Comment