Saturday, February 23, 2008

My Weekend

Night #2 in bed with me wasn't as exciting and she actually layed down and slept a little bit before I moved her back to her own bed. Yay! Dumb ear infections and the pain they cause... We are on to meet with the ENT doctor next week to see about ear tubes.
She loves to dress up! She insisted on three different tutus earlier. The cutest is when she gets my clothes and gets creative in figuring out how to wear them. This afternoon she came out with my swimsuit bottoms around her neck and some shorts on her head.
Unfortunately, she has also begun to show interest in choosing her own clothes. This lovely little outfit to your left was what today started out with until I could convince her otherwise.

She is obsessed with brushing her teeth. Anytime we are upstairs she grabs her toothbrush and paste out of her bathroom drawer and brings them to me. Once she's sucked all the kid-friendly toothpaste off, she comes back for another round.
In other news, I finished sewing my dream diaper bag! It finally matches her nursery... 17.5 months later. Sadly, the diaper bag I have used and loved was lost when I drove away with it on the roof of my car a month ago. :( It was the motivation I needed to create this masterpiece. Hooray for the smartest class I ever took at BYU - Introductory sewing. I suck at clothing but I really enjoy bags, curtains, and other home items.

Yes, my weekend consisted of mostly Adrie. Work isn't exciting to talk about, and I live for the weekends when I can just play stay-at-home mom! We never even left the house today. I stayed in my pajamas until 5 pm. That's the life ;)

8 comments:

kendall said...

That outfit she chose is absolutely hideous. I kind of feel like she should beat her wife (or boyfriend/husband) in that vest with only skin underneath.

Erica Layne | Let Why Lead said...

I have a friend who blogs about going through the same thing (picking clothes) with her daughter, but yours is starting early!! She's a doll, and I love to hear about her creativity.

Stephanie said...

The bag is cute, good job!

Allison Hollingsworth Deming said...

My mom says I was totally miserable for about a year with ear infections, then they sent me to an ENT who put tubes in and I was the happiest kid ever. So hopefully they can get your little one to feeling great. :) She is such a cutie, I hate to think that she might be uncomfortable!

Unknown said...

I'll never forget that first shirt you made in your sewing class...you're better than you think :) congrats on finishing the bag!

Mallory Jan said...

Oh you should hear me laughing at the sight of Adrie's awful outfit. Honestly the funniest picture of her in a long time. What a PIMP!

NatAttack said...

Kendall and Mal's comments are the funniest. That vest? The look on her face pretty much sums up what we all think.

Tiffany said...

I love the bag, can I put in an order. I can't believe how cute she is and it sounds like you already have your hands full with an independant little girl. Hope you all are doing great.
Tiffany