Sunday, July 06, 2008

Sunday

I am resisting (1) eating (difficult with my beastly appetite) and (2) napping (I have the most beautiful bed.) It's a tough road.

SO I'll catch you up on life.

f4


Last night we got to welcome Ryan home from Sydney, Australia. I have never gotten to greet a missionary at the airport before, so it was a fun experience. Adrie had never met her Uncle Ryan so she was a little uninterested, but we made her hold the sign anyway.
I have the most perfect life. Seriously, I have loved every minute of this long, slow weekend. I have devoted myself to house projects and gotten lots of organizing and decorating done. Adrie's room is the only 100% finished room in the house so here are pictures.


Adrie is darling as ever, keeping herself entertained and learning new things every single second. So, what 'update' blog would be complete without a list of the latest for posterity?

  • Naming colors everywhere. She knows all the rainbow plus black, brown, and white.
  • However, she always, always answers "Red" first when you say "What color is that?"
  • "What happened?" and "See it?" and "Wook!"
  • It's getting downright embarassing to have her pointing out "Grandpa" everywhere we go - to every male over age 35. She still "shhh's" every baby we see.
  • Every little flying this is a "Buh-fly".
  • Every sound she can't see is an "Ai-plane".
  • She sings with me! She knows the key words to "You are my Sunshine" and "Under the Sea" and does her best to keep up.
  • She sings at the top of her lungs in church, nonsense words of course, but the BEST was marching her feet on the bench during "Battle Hymn of the Republic" and laughing great belly laughs at all the people who were looking at her :)
  • She devours chili and beans of any sort.
  • She loves climbing stairs, even more than the playground.
  • Let's not forget every time she sees a star or hears the word "star" she puts her hands up high above her head and sings something that sounds like "up above the world so high..."

7 comments:

Alexa said...

LOL about the grandpa thing! Joseph thinks anyone that comes over to our house or rides in our car is Grandma and/or Grandpa, so I totally understand the embarrassment. The nursery looks totally cute! I love the valence over the windows -- we totally need to do something like that, too. It's good to hear that you're feeling so good about life. :)

Alexa said...

Wow. I used "totally" waaaaaay too many times in that comment. Totally.

Macie Crabtree said...

Alaina!! your little princess is such a cutie! I love to read all the fun things she says... isn't it great to "discover" the world with your baby?!?! I love it that you are both doing so well and are so happy... if I ever need to cheer up and get myself in perspective,I come here to your blog, because you are always happy and have something nice and/or positive to say! thanks so much for being a great example to me!! kiss your baby for me, she is so sweet!!

Aubrie said...

Ha! I related to so many of Adrie's "Latest". Devrie does so many of those things including the grandpa thing.

Mallory Jan said...

That baby is AWESOME.

and you too of course

Mary B said...

Adrie is a DOLL! I love all those little doings & sayings. Can't wait to see her on Puff the Magic Dragon!

Erica Layne | Let Why Lead said...

I'm in need of some details about a little cruise I heard someone I know is going on...I almost died when I saw it on Nat's blog! How fun!!