Remember this book? A classic as I grew up that I couldn't resist at Borders a few months ago (despite the $9.99 price tag for a soft cover book!?). It has become one of Adrie's standard night time stories.
Well, tonight the very last thing she said as I placed her teddy bear by her chin (night time routine, you know) was "This is Corduroy! and I am Lisa!" I laughed and then she shocked me by giving that bear a big squeeze and saying
"YOU are my VERY - OWN - BEAR!"
If my heart grows any bigger I don't think I'll be able to contain it inside of me any longer :).
As for me, since I do have a life outside this beautiful daughter of mine:
- I ate enough junk food at work to compensate for my grocery store temptations.
- I also started the "Biggest Loser" competition at work - my team consists of 3 other huge guys, so I've got to carry my weight!
- Therefore, combine grocery hiatus + diet = I am gonna go forever without shopping again. Awww yeah.
- I am throwing my own birthday mixer. If you are (a) local and (b) looking to expand your circle of friends, you are officially invited.
- I am mentoring with a photographer I blog-stalk (Jess Kettle - see here!) and I'm really excited.
Life is GOOD!



6 comments:
Dear Alaina, What a good Mom you are to a darling smart little girl. You take great photos too. Happy future days. We appreciate the pictures you took of our family. Many thanks from Florida
Ooooo! Tell me more about this little mixer. I don't think I've been to a birthday party of yours since high school! :P
Oh, I just loved Corduroy growing up! I need this book too!
I am also trying to get rid of a few extra pounds- something about this beautiful weather shouts, "GET HEALTHY, and GET SKINNY!" :)
What a sweet story. I'm glad you invested in the book. I nearly bought her a copy of "Brown bear, brown bear" (what do I see? I see a blue bird looking at me... etc) but didn't know if she was into books. Glad to know movies aren't her only gig!
I loved Corduroy. All of you did, too. Try Seuss's ARE YOU MY MOTHER? next. I love the imprinting of a mother. That's SO you!
I loved Corduroy. All of you did, too. Try Seuss's ARE YOU MY MOTHER? next. I love the imprinting of a mother. That's SO you!
Post a Comment