Friday, August 17, 2007

Adrie's 11 month Birthday

Only a month to go until one year old! I tried SO hard to get a picture of her with this little bear that she brought home from the hospital, in order to get a comparison of size, etc. As you can tell by the 60 pictures in the pile below, it was no easy feat to get her to hold still, much less look at me.


We've celebrated the day by doing laundry, cleaning toilets, and taking a long nap while I worked on her birthday party invitation. She grows more darling with each day - even those of you who saw her at the reunion would be surprised at how different she is in a week. She talks non-stop, in syllables that really sound like words. When I whisper to her she whispers back (a-ko-cho-ko-cho-ko). I catch her standing on her own (not holding onto anything) all the time, and she's even starting to try shooting the gaps between objects to walk along. Today she figured out that cupboards and drawers open. (Oh no!) She even chewed the top rubber stopper off the cupboard door next to me before I realized what she was doing!

Despite the failed shots, I got a few ok ones. First off is the original newborn shot, which is purposely large so you can see how she used to fit that carseat that she has now outgrown.


3 comments:

NatAttack said...

AHHHHHHHH! These are just too cute. I can't believe how big she's gotten and how many tricks she can do now! SHe was just this little baby when I moved away....

kendall said...

Awww that is so cute. I can't wait to be her aunt again.

Julie said...

I have also done the comparison pictures with both Carter and Ian. I take a picture each month with their stuffed animal. It's fun to see how much they grow!