We tried! Thank you Kendall for diligently attempting to capture some pictures of us.






Some of my favorite things right now (2 years, 1.5 months old):
- The way she pronounces words so uniquely, as only a mother would understand I suppose. For example, "Close the door" sounds like "Kiss a Deer." Go on, say it out loud - that's how Adrie tells you to close the door.
- "I do it." She knows exactly which buttons to push for turning on her air filter (white noise while sleeping), the space heater in her room, and she insists on turning off her own light.
- She guides me right through her bedtime routine, all the way to "Sing? In my bed." and then "Sit down" (I have to sit on the floor next to her crib while I sing.) She knows her routine!
- She is especially attuned to the emotions of others, like "Mama sad? I kiss it. All better." She says "Baby sad?" anytime she hears one, even far away.
- ANY time someone says "Jesus Christ" at church she says "AMEN!" The newlywed couple next to me in sacrament meeting was cracking up today.
- It's not supposed to be funny, but I really do find entertainment at how emphatically she says "NO-mom", like it's one word. "No-Kendall."
- Sometime's she'll say "Adrie Aweena", like her name is going to be Alaina for a little while. Today she's been saying "Mom - Jonah." It's fascinating to watch her little mind try to play pretend.
- Her good eating habits have flown out the window, and it's a battle to get her to eat anything. She begs for juice all the time and I'm trying to curb that habit.
- She is obsessed with candy, however. More than I think normal kids are? She asks for it out of nowhere and will eat from her Halloween tub until I hide it away.
All in all she's my doll and I love her more every day!



8 comments:
so cute! and i love the new header!
The pictures are ALL AWESOME! Talia especially likes the three of Adrie dancing in the grass. I like the shot of her kissing you. Gorgeous, Darling!
The pictures are sooooo cute! You look lovely.
those are great pictures, alaina. how fun to have! i've always been so bad of getting pictures done of my boys. i do take tons of snapshots, though. but not quite the same. :)
Hey! I gave that baby the dress she's wearing. Styling in H&M...
Gorgeous new header, it's my desktop background now. Just more than 2 weeks! XOXO.
Love the jeans. You are both so beautiful!
I love the new header! And you are gorgeous and your baby is so cute.
Great pictures - I love how they show her personality! And it is possible to curb the juice habit. I stopped buying juice when Carter was around 2, so when they get it now, it's a special treat. And they love drinking water!
Post a Comment