Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Italia: Florence & Pisa

This day began at 6:00 am, shortly followed by a bus break down. Here we are at an Italian road stop, where we got to wait in a 20-minute line for the "toilette" and scout out the locals for an hour. And enjoy European Coke "Light". Isn't everything fun when you're with family?

It was still a breathtaking and amazing day nonetheless, though I'm not supposed to admit how little I enjoyed this day according to Nat, it makes me sound "uncouth." I've been told Florence was one of the most beautiful cities on earth - thanks to Photoshop, I put some color back into the gray photos :)

Hey look! Another alley!

f6

f11
Economical transportation, anyone?
f1

f7


I'm sort of in love with this totally Euro picture:
f10

f2
Due to our unfortunate bus setback, it was dark when we got to Pisa. And cold. And I was obligated to take a cheesy tourist-style photo.

After a few of these myspace-style photos, my Grandpa began taking his own. It makes me smile inside to remember him holding the camera at arm's length and saying "Cher! Get over here!" They are such fun traveling companions.
f12

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

I'm loving all your pictures! I'm glad you had a good time, what an adventure!

kendall said...

I AM SO JEALOUS!!

And so happy for you, more happy than jealous. I'm not breaking a commandment, am I?

Jeni said...

I love the cheesy Pisa picture! And all the other ones too. What beautiful places! Home is starting to look pretty homely.

Amalie said...

amazing pics! My next dream vacation is spain/italy.