Monday, December 29, 2008

The rest of the days of Christmas

This typifies our first days here:  Laying around.  'nuff said.
  

My mom has the best Christmas decorations ever.  See the beanie-bear tree?
          

Christmas Eve:  a show!  We all shared a Christmas memory, acted out the nativity via hand-puppets, sang a few songs, took a few pictures, and listened to the story in Luke 2.  And then pajamas of course.  Mine were sort of matronly.  But I'll be oh-so-happy come summer to have cool jammies.  (no photoshop... pardon the dark pics)
   
    

Christmas morning Adrie and I were actually the last ones up and ready to see what Santa brought, despite the grumbles the day before from unnamed sisters who didn't want to get up early :)  We could hardly pull Adrie away from her kitchen to open other presents.
    
  
Santa brought me a Garmin GPS, a 1940's Christmas tree pin, Hawaii necklaces, a countertop griddle, some darling shirts, a new dress, and lots of other amazingness.  Adrie received her kitchen, a horse from Natalie, lots of fun and quiet toys and books, clothes...  what a wonderful day!  

Adrie and I talk about how Christmas is Jesus' birthday, and we give presents to each other to celebrate it.  Aptly put.  We are so grateful for this season and for the Gift of God's Son, as well as the gift of all of you.  Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

Erica Layne | Let Why Lead said...

Ooooh, I wish MY kitchen was that pretty! How are you going to fit that thing on the plane, by the way? It's so cute. As is Adrie. :)

NatAttack said...

Yay. SO happy you're with us, I can't wait to come home!

And I hope the giddyup horse stays in our family always.

Bethany said...

Hey Lady! Merry Christmas/Happy New Year!

Good to hear from you, too, friend. And to catch up on the old blog. I've become a big fan of the blog.

I see that you are quite a traveler-I've been on approximately the same cruise-awesome.

Tell me more about your Portland/Oregon connection. It's a top choice for Ryan and I when we get out of Chiropractic school.

I didn't know you were a photographer-woman of many many talents! :)

Um... what else... seems like I had many comments as I perused the blog, but that's all I can think of for now.

Cheers, lady-look forward to hearing from you again! :)

Bethany

Anonymous said...

We miss you already!