And indeed it is happy. Only 8:24 pm, baby easily asleep, house clean, nothing but a book, bath, and bed ahead of me. I love evenings like this. Oh - and cinnamon devils (thanks Becky!). Book, Bath, Cinnamon Devils, Bed. Mmmm.
Adrie came home from her first birthday party with her dad's family SO excited, and wearing a darling dress. They say she opened it and was jumping up on her toes in excitement, begging to put it on. How I love that girl. She also insisted on cleaning up all of the wrapping paper for each present before she'd open another. I've taught her well :)
Today at church during each hymn she voluntarily climbed on my lap and sang her lungs out - every verse, every hymn. It choked me right up.
Tonight she pointed at herself and said "Blue Monster." Then she pointed at me and said "Blue Monster Momma." We then started growling and playing. My daughter plays pretend! Oh how I love her. All this after 15 min of a new movie last night. Man, she absorbs things fast.
Church was delightful today. If I ever knew that I'd enjoy church so much... man, I don't think I could have ever convinced my past self of how much I could enjoy 3 full hours of uncomfortable-sitting church. But I love every minute lately. It's the highlight of my week. And I sound so churchy saying that. Oh well. I love it. I love life.




5 comments:
I'm so glad you're loving life! Kids really open your eyes to how great life can be. That's why Corey's still so fun! He's still a kids and looks at life like a kid sometimes! Kids know how to enjoy life! That's why I'm glad Corey never wants the girls or us to "grow up!"
I've been enjoying your posts...and totally agree with you about the churchy stuff. I have been missing it...
Oh man - you are making me miss her so much already! The blue monster and blue monster mama is just too cute!
I feel the same way about church! Even while holding Olivia the whole time, Heavenly Father still gets a message through to me that touches my heart. I finally get why my parents always go to church under almost any circumstances... :)
Adrie is SO Cute! Good job with her. I seem to be looking foward to church a lot lately too. I sound like a mom.
Post a Comment